While I was offline mourning over the amount of work I have to complete and brooding over the upcoming exams, someone popped by and nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! So, here I am, expressing my heartfelt thanks to Savindi from The Streetlight Reader who so kindly brightened up my dark night (a much needed streetlight indeed).
If you haven’t checked out Savindi’s blog, click on the link above for a quick teleport to a wonderful world of books, books and more books. Okay, to be clearer, she has tons of great book reviews, recommendations and other book-related posts (like this one) that will keep you off your book to read about more books!
Once again, thank you, Savindi. I’m really grateful for your nomination and I’m looking forward to meeting fellow bloggers from your list.
Here are the rules for the award:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you
- Paste the award image on your blog
- Tell 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other blogs that you would like to give the award to
- Contact the bloggers chosen and let them know about the award
Right. Now I’ll have to bare my soul to the world (haha!) and tell 7 facts about myself. Here goes:
- Umm… This is harder than I thought… Okay, let’s start with this: I’m a huge nerd about things I love. When I mean huge, I mean huge.
- My favourite characters in TV shows or movies tend to not be the main character. It’s usually the quiet one struggling with a lot of issues (does that make me a sadist?). Well, they’re usually quite good-looking guys… but I swear I liked them for their “broodiness” first.
- My very first ambition was to become a zookeeper. No, wait, a cashier (I loved the sound cash registers make and the way the jab of a button makes the drawer burst out). I’m not that sure anymore, but it was definitely one of these two.
- I love thrill rides. Coasters that dangle people in various positions are very welcomed in my world.
- I used to be a clarinetist in a military band and a concert band. I wish to continue playing in a band, but prospects don’t look good for me here (I was quite a terrible player).
- I read really slowly. I cannot let go of minute details…
- The last one! Harry Potter fans are going to be so mad at this. Don’t get me wrong! I am a great fan of Harry Potter, but it all started with the 5th book. I know a lot of fans argue that they are the true ones because they were there when it all started, but forgive the late book bloomer who refused to read anything with human beings inside when she was younger. (This is great fodder for a blog post!)
I’m really sorry to say that I’m not ready to post up my nominations yet. I’ll make a list of them when it’s the right time, but till then, I guess you’ll have to stick to reading about my very mundane life (for this, I apologize as well!).
I’ll see you all lovely bloggers when I next pop by! I pray it will be soon, but we’ll have to see about that.