I was sleep-browsing the web last week and guess what? I put my name down for the Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon. Before I could wrap my head around what I’d done, the week was up and the read-a-thon has officially commenced. I’ve been slightly delayed this side of the world due to dinner and family commitments (and a few dastardly essays), but I’m now pumped-up for the challenge.
Here’s the Opening Meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Delightfully cloudy Singapore (Finally! Tea weather!).
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Don’t have no stack yet, but I’ll be really glad if I could finish All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. I just love contemporary historical novels.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Ooh, we sure do live on snacks. My favourite is one called Tam Tam – sweet, crab-flavoured crackers (darn! I left those in the hostel). I also love anything with melon. Oh oh, and chocolate Oreos. Who doesn’t love Oreos?
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I’m an awfully slow reader.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This is my very first read-a-thon! I’m looking forward to getting truly engrossed in a book today. It hasn’t happened in awhile.
That’s all for now! If you’re participating as well, do say hello!